What To Do If You Get Too Much Homework: 5 Helpful Tricks
If you have too much homework there many tricks that you can follow. Consider these five tricks below:
- The first helpful trip when you have too much work is to prioritize. List the different tasks that you have to complete and then prioritize them based on their due dates and they're worth. Just because you have a small math assignment due before your English paper does not necessarily mean that you should completed in that order. You need to also consider what each task is worth in terms of your grade. If, for example, your math homework is worth a mere 5% of your total grade but your English paper is worth 50% of your total grade then you may have to forgo prioritizing your math homework in exchange for getting a good grade in your English class.
- You want to make sure you establish a healthy working schedule. This means that you should work a little bit every day around the same time. Rather than leaving all of your tasks for the exact same day you should break down your homework and do a little bit every day. This will help you to manage the information that you learn and to get everything done much faster.
- You should have a personal calendar inside of which you write all of your assignments and their due dates. This is important to overall homework management.
- You should have a specific location where all of your work is done. This location should be used only for school projects and it should contain everything that you need. This means that you should have a small container inside of which all pens, pencils, rulers, notes, paper, and anything else is maintained. Having everything in one place will reduce the number of times you have to get up and retrieve something which will help to prevent interfering with your focus and concentration. Avoiding any other task except for school related activities in this particular workspace will also help your brain to easily switch to high levels of focus and concentration the moment you enter into that space.
- If you're overwhelmed try and complete little pieces at a time. Make a list for that particular day as to what needs to be done and physically check off each item as it is completed. This will give you closure and help motivate you to literally see what has been accomplished and what still needs to be accomplished.